Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bamboo Man

Today getting off the train I noticed a man in about his 60’s, wearing a jansport backpack (threw me back to middle school circa 1993) a grey suit and a large straw hat carrying what looked to me like bamboo and a HUGE stack of it and it was about three feet long. What I cannot tell is where he was going. I followed him down the escalator and he went straight when I needed to go right to head to work. I was very conflicted I wanted to follow bamboo man so badly to find out WHERE he was going with his armful of bamboo and what his plans were for the bamboo. Was he going to build a house? Could be trying his hand at homemade bamboo flooring (I mean it is all the rage) Does he have a pet panda? Some have said it could be for gardening purposes. Honestly the direction he was headed in is a new apartment complex where I don’t think Panda’s are allowed and a garden would consist of a house plant or government agencies. Is it possible he lived locally where he COULD walk to his house and use it for gardening, possible, but unlikely as there is not a ton of residential houses in this area. I chose to be on time for work so I could not follow him. I really wasn’t sure how I would explain to my boss why I was late. Well, I saw a man with an armful of bamboo and needed to know where he was headed. My boss puts up with my craziness but even that may be taking it too far. Sadly, I may never know what happened to Bamboo man’s bamboo and it is something that is going to bother me. Maybe I will happen upon bamboo man again. Until then I will be on the lookout for older suit wearing gentleman, carrying a jansport back pack and donning a straw hat at the Twinbrook Metro Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment